Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 60: Goal on Hold

I'm bringing the diet I'm currently on to an end. As of today's weighing, I've lost 40 pounds in 60 days, which is actually the title of an E-book that I've written.

There are three reasons that explain why I'm halting. First of all, although I have seen that the Plateau Buster technique does work, it nevertheless rates a test under conditions controlled in advance, so I can have a better idea of how it works. If you're a regular here, you may have noticed me introducing variations to it recently; to be honest, I'd like to introduce more, but I'm running out of fat.

The second reason relates to the first. The decision to introduce the sliding calorie scale did wind up confusing things for me; I shouldn't have. Instead, I should have stuck to a fixed caloric intake all the way through. The next time 'round, I will do so until I hit 200 pounds, after which point I'll worry about pulling my appetite up to normal.

The third reason is more involved. To be honest, I had this suspicion that the diet I'm ending has been relatively easy for me because I was a "recreational eater." The more intractable kind of overweight problem is one where you've hooked performance to eating. I haven't done that, so I have no tips to offer for someone that has to go down that more difficult road. This point has bothered me, as it implies that I had a relatively easy time reducing my weight.

Once the link to the finished E-book is posted, this blog will remain dormant until - yes, this date is deliberately chosen for effect - January 2, 2008. By that time, I should be in worse shape (both in terms of weight and of overeating dependancy) than I was as of the start of this diet in the beginning of July. I do plan to jack around in a manner similar to the way I did so here in June, but not on this blog. It's too anchored as a diet blog for that approach to make sense, so I'm going to be doing so on a newly-started, independent Blogger blog.

Regarding the E-book: I'll post a link to it on this blog, in a more recent entry, once I'm finished. It will be short, but down-to-earth; it's being done in PDF format. It will be both free and redistributable, in an unaltered form. One the link to the book is in place, that will be it for here until January 2, '08.

If you've been a regular, thanks for reading what I've posted, and I hope you've gleaned some useful tips from what I've written. A diet is a challenge, no doubt, and I hope I have either eased it somewhat or helped a little in terms of extra results.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 220 pounds.

No comments: