Friday, August 3, 2007

Day 33: Stuck On The Yo-Yo

This is the second time I've yo-yo'ed around a weight that's got a zero at the end of it. Despite me not having any unusual eating habit or calorie level to attribute to it, I've gained two pounds since yesterday. The platueau I'm currently on has proven to be more intractable that the one I encountered at the 240 lb. level.

Once again, I have to confess that I'm at a loss as to why. It might be fluid gain, except for the fact that any such fluid is hard to get rid of, as I've found. The odds of it being caused by additional fat are much longer against, as I've seen evidence that my hips have shrunk beyond what is normal for me at this weight range.

So, I have to content myself with the thought that I've been wearing that old belt of mine (one that I've had for almost nineteen years) at the same notch that I wore it at when 220 lbs. or so, and at times can wear it at the same notch I used, back in the late-mid 1990s, when I was around, at or below 200 lbs. I can do so at the same time I'm weighing in at more than 230 lbs, once again. According to that table I've been using, this gain today means it's back down to 1,000 calories/day.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: Back up to 232 pounds.

No comments: