Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 52: Interrupted Plateau, Day 1

As I mentioned yesterday, I've started a special use of the Plateau Buster technique, which has gotten a little extreme. (By "extreme," I mean overly focused on the sugar with no attention to either hunger or nutritional needs.) Today, I've consumed what might as well be liquid sugar, and that's all the eating I'll be doing for the day or night: as a special test, I consumed the entire day's ration at that one sitting. Day 2 of this Plateau Buster diet adjustment will be a little less extreme: I've got a small pack of chocolate-covered biscuits slated for tomorrow's breakfast, which total slightly less than 1000 calories. This will leave me a little more than 250 calories for the final meal of the day, the late supper.

If you're interested, the sight of all that sugary food did lead to a temporary hunger attack. Instead of just ignoring it, though, I did eat a 330-calorie meat pie at about that time. One benefit of the fat-burning five-(very light)-meal-a-day plan, late in a diet, is that hunger can be assuaged through the consumption of a very small meal. Unfortunately, though, this shrug-off comes with prior habituation to the fat-burner meal plan. Earlier in the diet, I had to either ignore or outright disown such hunger attacks.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: still 222 pounds.

No comments: