Thursday, August 9, 2007

Day 39: Third Day Stuck

I'm stuck on the 230-lb plateau again, this time for the third day in a row. The only direct cause for optimism I have is the fact that I'm wearing my belt at the seventh notch, one tighter than I've normally hitched up at when normally chubby. Even that point of hope is a somewhat "loose" one, because the belt is sometimes tight around my hips.

I do, however, have a more indirect cause for optimism. When I weighed myself this morning, right after getting up but also after evacuating my bladder, I weighed in at 226 lbs. in my socks and briefs. Had I gotten fully dressed at that point, I would have weighed the same as I did at 6 PM today, while naked.

This disconstancy through the day may be distressing to some, but it can be cause for optimism. If you weigh the same at your normal weighing time, but see your weight drop at odd times in the day, it's a sign that the drop may very well be making its way to your normal weighing time as long as you stick it through. At least, that's what common sense would say.

Regardless of such hope points, though, I am stuck for the third day on what is clearly a plateau. So, I'm going to try out the "plateau buster" technique once again, with clear sailing and deliberate intent. For the next two days, I'm limiting my menu to two meals per day: one big sugary breakfast and a small dinner, which will both take up the 1,250 calorie/day ration I've confined myself to.

I'll find out whether or not it works in the next few days.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 230 pounds flat.

No comments: