Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day 49: Plateau Buster Works As Usual

After close to a week at a plateau of 225-6 lbs., I've used the Plateau Buster for the second day in a row today, in an extreme version: using sugar-laden snack foods for my 1,250 calories/day. For the last day and a half, all I've eaten is snack cakes and caramel corn, and one more snack cake is all that I rate for supper.

This use of the Plateau Buster is, obviously, extreme because it's not nutritious. I Plateau Busted in this way because I wanted to test if it was the sugar that revved up my metabolism and got rid of the excess water in my body through urination. What I've found is that this is largely the case, although there seems to be no added "oomph" to using sugar-laden snack foods as opposed to foods with sugary components to them, like danishes or glazed donuts. To be honest, it seems better to go with the sweetbreads because they fill up your stomach and keep the hunger at bay longer. I will, however, be testing the more sugar-centric variant once more.

I've found that my metabolism has increased over the last day-and-a-half. I'm presently at work on a repetitive task, and have found that my endurance level when at it has gone up. Unfortunately, I've also found that the more sugar-centred variant has upset my sleep a bit. (The amount of coffee I drink during the day has stayed about the same throughout.)

I've also reached a kind of moment in this diet. I've weighed myself naked throughout the diet, in order to control for difference in clothes weight. Afterwards, though, I weighed myself fully clothed with light slippers, as I used to during the first month of this blog's existence. I weighed in at between 226 and 227 pounds clothed, which is within a pound of my lowest weight since June began. Tomorrow, day 50, is likely to be the point where I sink to the lowest weight I've had since May 31st.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 222 pounds.

No comments: