Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day 58: Back To Bottom

As of this weighing, I'm back to 220 lbs, the low for this blog. After some time without wearing a belt, I have also found that my "pull it tight" habit involves me reaching for a notch that isn't there. The tightest notch fits, mostly comfortably.

The last round trip through a weight digit ending in a zero - 230 lbs. - lasted seven days. This present dally at 220 lbs. lasted eight days, from first touch at that level to today. Both interruptions included times when I pulled myself off the diet entirely. All in all, this wasn't a bad length of time, as my regular calorie consumption has gone from 1,000 calories/day to 1,250/day. The days at which I hit the 230-lb level were ones where I could go to 1,250 calories/day, and the ones where I hit the 220-lb. level were ones I could go up to 1,500/day. So, an extra day's round trip is understandable; it's less than 15% longer in terms of time.

I've been wondering, actually, if I set the threshold for increasing caloric intake too high. According to this body-mass-index calculator, someone like myself, with a large frame, should be at most 202 pounds. Perhaps, I should have set the threshold levels lower, or added more weight in between them.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 220 pounds even.

No comments: