Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 50: Droppage Accomplished

As I write this entry, I'm wearing a pair of pants that I sent to the tailors a few weeks ago with a ripped crotch. They now fit comfortably.

The end of the latest use of the Plateau Buster has worked as expected. I now weigh in at an even 220 lbs. unclothed, which means that I'm now entitled to eat 1,500 calories/day. At this consumption level, I'm unlikely to lose much more for some time, as it's close to weight-maintenence level. Given my dance-around at the 230 lb. level, I'm also likely to go back to 1,250/day for a time.

That doesn't matter much, though. I've managed to lose 40 pounds in 50 days, with several diet interruptions along the way. These interruptions include experimenting with two other techniques that failed, as well as three social occasions and one deliberate "cheat test" for resolve.

In general, fat-burning does work, provided that you consume fewer calories than you use. I know because I've been trying it for most of the 50 days I've been on this diet - without exercise. To remind everyone, the Plateau Buster was developed as an add-on to a generic fat-burning diet.

One more disclosure: the only times I've eaten vegetables or fruits have been when they were given to me. The staples of this diet have been frozen and microwaveable food, ham slices, and small hamburger buns - generic fat-burning foods.

----------

"Different Scales, Different Weighings"

I have another disclosure to make: I switched scales in the middle of this blog. I didn't think it would make a difference, because one scale should give you the same weight as another, but I recently found out that it has. I started off with a (borrowed) basic spring scale with a small platform, which was already used but relatively new. What replaced it was a new, store-bought scale that's the same as the basic one I had used initially with one exception. It has a larger platform attached to the top of it. In addition to re-borrowing the small basic spring scale, I've also borrowed another one - also a spring, but more elaborate with a dial gauge. It's much older than the other two.

Here are the weighings - fully clothed, but with light slippers on - for all three scales:

The one I bought new: 225 pounds.

The one I used to start off this blog: 218 pounds.

The more upscale, but much older, one I borrowed: 209 pounds.

Yesterday, I made mention of the apparent fact that I was approaching my lowest weight since starting this blog. The above double-check shows that I've already been at my lowest weight in months for the past few days.

Based upon my disappointments during hospital physicals, I'll have to go with the newest one, and claim a weight of 225 lbs. fully clothed. This weighing puts me at an all-blog low anyway.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today, unclothed: 220 pounds, with the current scale.

No comments: