Friday, August 24, 2007

Day 54: Little Rebound

I may not have gotten much of a drop thanks to the use of a pre-plateau Plateau Buster over the last two days, but the side effect of the little drop has been little or no rebound. Despite having socked away three (small) meals so far today, I'm at almost the same weight as I was yesterday.

I've also noticed that the take-out plan, where you eat more calories as your weight approaches normal, has the consequence of making me feel more hungry throughout the day than I was when used to the diet rut. Once again, the closer you get to the norm, the more the old habits are brought up from the unconscious.

On a more sartorial note, I'm writing this entry while in pants that have been in my closet for years because they've been too small for me. I'm normally a 38/32; these pants are 36/32. Except for the waist and the legs, they basically fit, although I'm not confident enough to test 'em on an athletic field.

At a waist of my size, the appearance makes little difference around the hip area. The main difference in appearance is the effect of the narrower pants waist: my flest, and fat, bulge out a little over the top of the pants. So, the ironic consequence of trading down a waist size is more visible flab. I suppose this effect explains why it's urged: it tends to keep the momentum going in the drop towards a truly low-fat body.

Or, for those who didn't mind being fat, it leaves a residuum of flab to carry the good memories of the old days through...


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 220 1/2 pounds.

No comments: