Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 51: Rebound and Setback

As I expected, reaching the 220-pound level when unclothed, and thus rating a higher caloric intake per day, has resulted in a rebound. I've gained enough to push my daily ration back to 1,250 calories/day.

I suspect that this rebound isn't uncommon when following a plan of this sort. The shift in intake isn't enough to convince the body that the good eating times are back, but the extra calories do mount up. So, the body's metabolism rate stays stuck at semi-famine level while the calorie intake goes up, leading to a stoppage in weight loss or perhaps even a gain. Add fluid variation and the gain is explained.

Speaking of surprises: I'm going to deviate from procedure somewhat and use another application of the Plateau Buster to see if the metabolism-boost effect, or the fluid-release effect, is central to it. This version is going to be another "extreme" one, and it's not really recommended unless you have above-average control over your hunger. Like the last one, I'm doing it for test purposes. I want to see if I can use it to jack down my weight without having been on a plateau for some time. Based upon what I've seen, it probably won't have much of an effect - but it's worth a try in order to find the Plateau Buster's limits.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 222 pounds.

No comments: