Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 40: "Plateau Busting" Seems To Pre-Work In This Case

I saw it was coming last night - specifically, in the middle of the overnight sleep stretch when I had to wake up and evacuate my bladder. I had to do so subsequently this morning. This dual bathroom session means that I lost a lot of water from bed to wake-up.

I mentioned yesterday that my weight after waking up and urinating, but before consuming any food or water, was unusually low. So, it's possible that my weight at 6 PM caught up with yesterday morning's shrinkage. It's also possible, though, that the "plateau busting" is beginning to work. Here's why:

In order to prepare for it, I bought a dozen glazed donuts from the store. Each donut is 190 calories. So, to fit the donuts into my calorie regimen, I had to eat five per day, or ten over two days. As a result, I had two left over, which I ate in place of a meal last evening. The rest of my ration was filled with a 120-calorie snack last night.

So, I dabbled in a mini-buster last night. Whether or not this mini-bust had an effect is debatable, but the loss I have to report today isn't. Since the full "plateau buster" takes two days, and tends to take two subsequent days for its full effect to be felt, I can't quite move it up from candidate technique to full one. It's moving closer, though.

I also should point out that the extra hunger, which for me kicks in about 6 hours after eating the big morning meal, is back too. In a sense, it's a good tiding, that my body needs more calories than before and is burning up more fat that it otherwise would. We'll see in a few days, though, whether or not the "plateau buster" will work as indicated.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 228 pounds.

No comments: