Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day 46: Less Fat, Same Weight

I will have to use another Plateau Buster menu-shift; my weight's bounced up a pound and is at the same level as it was five days ago. As I had noted yesterday, if the supposed success of the Plateau Buster was merely due to good timing on my part, I would have been dropping again right now. I haven't been.

Thankfully, in times like this, there are other points of reassurance that aren't confined to the scale. The amount of fat in my belly is dropping; a finger-squeeze right around the belly button reveals a little more than 2 1/2 inches to the left of it and about 2 3/4 inches to the right. As long as the diet is being stuck to, and you're consuming less than you go through, such points of bodily reassurance can help in keeping morale up.

As I also mentioned earlier, I'll be trying this Plateau Buster with non-sugared food - specifically some egg noodles in soup. If it doesn't make a difference, then I'll shift back to the sugared foods. The next try, over the next few days, will show whether or not the sugar or the calories, if not both, are the decisive routine-buster. As is usual with the Plateau Buster, the full effects will be revealed in four days.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 226 pounds.

No comments: