Thursday, July 5, 2007

Day 4: Waxing Nostalgic

Nostalgia (or the diet itself) may keep me awake late at night, but it also serves to distance myself from my previous food binges. When I woke up and read this report on a hot-dog eating contest, I just smiled, and remembered my own relatively picayune efforts in that direction. Joey Chestnut did America proud yesterday.

I'm finding that nostalgia does work, as long as you have the inner fortitude to ignore the hunger pains and are working under a moderate amount of time pressure. In fact, I'm finding that being pressured in that way, to the point of excitement but not of anxiety, has made me forget to eat a scheduled meal at the scheduled time already. It has worked, provided that the tasks in question are ones that are familiar to me.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 254 pounds. Still slow, but in the right direction.

No comments: