Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day 30: Thirty in Thirty

As measured from the weighing from Day 1 of the diet, I'm now half-way to the goal I set for myself. Today, at the regular time, I weighed in at thirty pounds below the measurement made almost a month ago.

It would be foolish of me to say that I'm halfway to my goal in terms of time, because I'm hewing to a sliding calorie scale that's designed to slowly take me out of the diet. As of now, I rate 1,250 calories in a day's period. As I move "up" the scale by losing more, it's almost a certainty that I'll linger longer at a specified weight level unless I can come up with some new tricks that work, pick up an aerobic exercise habit, and/or "reverse-cheat" on the calorie count.

Speaking of tricks: I'm going to try a new one over the course of this day. I got a bag of pretzels totalling 800 calories, which I'm going to consume over the course of this day instead of meals. The idea behind this "snacking day" is to move beyond five small meals a day to a few bites ten or more times per day. In addition to seeing if it'll help burn more fat, I want to see what it'll do to the hunger: will the pangs be allayed or will I end up being low-level hungry all day? Tomorrow, I'll write about what I felt while going through it; the next couple of days should determine whether or not I'm on another wild-goose chase.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 230 pounds flat.

No comments: