Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 28: Back To The Drawing Board

After cutting down my water consumption to the point where I began to feel real thirst, I have to say that it's a "wash" with respect to weight loss. Two days of doing so have led to a weight drop of only one pound per day, a largely normal rate for me. I have to chalk up my apparent below-weight appearance to my memory fooling itself. Evidently, there isn't any spare water hidden between the fat cells for me to lose.

So, it's back to the drawing board for me. I suppose that the new malleability of my body is due to the fat cells shrinking and little else, and my impression that there was "hidden weight," which I could slough out through going thirsty, was just another example of my eyes being too big for my stomach (so to speak.) It was worth a try, though, even if doing so made my hunger worse. All told, drinking as much water as you please seems the best option when dieting.

If you're interested: when I was a child, there was a commercial for "Special K" cereal whose theme was "Pinch an Inch and You're Overweight." Largely aimed at men, it encouraged you to pinch your belly and measure how much you got between your fingers, I tried it last night, on both sides of the belly button, and got 3 inches on both sides. So, I'm still safely in overweight territory.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 233 pounds.

No comments: