Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day 23: Whups

This afternoon, after implementing the big breakfast and small dinner plan for one more day, I slipped without even knowing it. At the bank branch I go to, there was a plate of cookies - the kind with the sugar-topped strawbery jelly surrounded by filling - and I put one in my mouth without even thinking about it.

It's the downside of the "diet and feel good about it" approach: at times, you run the risk of forgetting that you're even on a diet.

In this case, the slip-up was sufficiently minor for me to deck tonight's dinner down to a lower-calorie option and to declare the pseudo-overeating experiment closed. If I don't remember that I'm dieting, then my unconscious must have been fooled as much as it's going to be fooled. So, it's back to the fat-burning, four-to-five meal a day option for me.

As far as the "big breakfast" is concerned, it was another cinnamon bun. If you're interested, it carried me through today from early morning to about 2 PM, when I started to wonder why I wasn't hungry. The hunger came shortly afterwards.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM (actually, 6:15 PM) today: the light side of 239 pounds.

No comments: