Friday, July 13, 2007

Day 12: Too Busy To Eat

Days like that are wearying, but are also a blessing when dieting. That's the kind of day that I've had today, thanks to the verdict being announced in the Conrad Black trial, which I've been blogging as well. If the pressure's enough, you can even forget that you're really hungry. It isn't necessary that the activity be physically exerting, only that it be under near-continuous pressure.

(Once note on the exercise I've been doing: for me, it worked as a sleeping aid once.)

Yesterday, I broached the subject of cheating, through disclosing a worry of mine over a calorie-counting mistake I may have made in my favour. Tomorrow, I'm going to enter the den of the devil, so to speak; I've set it aside as a "cheating day." I plan to simulate what someone driven to it by hunger would do: an open larder, free rein with the foods that I've been using as mini-meals. Also, I'm planning to open up that package of licorice in an attempt to mix in a simulation of someone who sneaks in some "cheating food." Afterwards, I'll go down the recovery trail.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 245 pounds. Some of the day's drop may be due to fluid loss.

No comments: