Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 14: Too Tired To Eat

Believe it or not, I'm becoming too tired to eat. What I means is, on the weekend when I have little to do, I'm doing a lot of sleeping. If anything, exercise seems to augment my sack time.

Of course, I'm in a special slot, as I've been working quite hard during the weekday and probably have a "sleep deficit" to make up on the weekend. Nevertheless, it's also true that my lowered calorie intake has been adjusted for by my body having less vigor and less initiative.

It's an easy conclusion to make. When overeating last month, I found that I got a metabolism boost. Now, I'm facing a metabolism drop, as my body has compensated for undereating just as it did for overeating last month. It should result in my rate of weight loss slowing.

It's truly ironic that I've never been more "fat and lazy" than when I'm sticking to a rigorous diet designed to shed that fat. Over and above waxing nostalgic about my own food extravaganzas, this realization makes me sympathetic to those fat people who think that a diet is more trouble than it's worth. Why would someone seek to be thin when the obstacle is being called "lazy" as well as "fatty," expecially when the "lazy" is a byproduct of a serious attempt to become a thinnie? Something for the diet enthusiast, whatever his/her own weight may be, to think about.

Another thought regarding the slowed metabolism: this facet is why I recommended taking up a repetitive task, as it does swamp the lowered-metabolism effect if you really get into it. I've found this to be true over the last two weeks, provided that there's enough pressure to get the adrenaline level at "excited" but not more.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: still stuck at 245 pounds, for a good reason: I took myself off the diet yesterday. Today, I'm back on it.

No comments: