Friday, July 27, 2007

Day 26: Water, Water

As more fat gets burned, the belly and other associated parts should shrink. I've seen this happen, but something's been odd unless my memory's been confounded: why do I sometimes look like I did when ten pounds lighter than I now am? If you're dieting, you may be wondering the same thing.

The excess poundage I have is unusually malleable. I can walk around with the belt tightened at a notch I normally use when about 220-225 lbs, or at times even tighter. My belly bulges out, but I can still do it. If I'm wearing no belt, and carry myself in a certain way, I can look almost flat-bellied. When I lie down in bed in the prone position, I am basically flat-bellied: the bottom of my ribcage juts up.

This unusual morphability confirms what I've already suspected: some of the weight I'm carrying around is now water, because fat don't move. It seems time to test it.

So, starting right now, I'm going to let myself get a little thirsty, in this way: I'm drinking only coffee, with no separate mugs of water. This should show whether or not I'm right about the excess weight, as well as seeing whether or not I can shed it along with a little more fat. Once again: if this trick doesn't work, then it's back to the drawing board, to try something else, for me.


Weight as of approx. 6 PM today: 235 pounds.

No comments: