Saturday, June 2, 2007

Twenty-Four

Weiners, that is.

The following takes place between 2:00 PM and 2:04 PM:

Got myself prepped and them ready for eating...all 24 of them. Two pounds in total.

The following take place between 2:04:00 and 2:14:05 PM:

Down my gut they all went. Despite continual jaw soreness, a bout of hiccups at weenie #4, recurrent throat blockage and a warning queasiness starting at weenie #22, I did it without a break. The time elapse is from the first bite to the final swallow, measured ungenerously.

Assessment of performance: Despite my lack of breaks, including for water, my performance was still mediocre, largely because I have yet to master the art of swallowing big chunks. This meant that a lot of my time was consumed by the need to chew. In order to rate at all in this event, I would need some practice in my swallowing skills. It's little consolation that my jaw muscles got a workout.


Weight before this time-limited endeavour: an understandable 232 pounds.

[For the "Goal and Purpose" of the blog, click here.]

No comments: